How to Keep Your Home Safe While You’re Away



How can you keep your home safer while you’re away? Here are our best tips.

There are many great Anchorage area homes for sale. Click here to perform a full home search, or if you're thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today's market. You may also call me at (907) 865-6404 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.


One question I’ve been getting a lot is, “What can I do to keep my home safe while I’m away?” Crime is on the rise in the Anchorage Valley area and keeping your house safe is important, especially if you’re traveling or on vacation. Here are a few things you can do to keep your home safer.

The first thing I would suggest is installing a camera in your doorbell. I’ve got one, and it tells me every time somebody rings the doorbell. I can even talk to the person before I open the door.

Another good idea is adding some exterior lighting with motion sensors. A lot of times, these will scare people off if they are snooping around.

It’s also a good idea to let your neighbors know you are leaving. I have neighbors on both sides of me that we inform every time we leave. Remember to put your mail on hold as well.

Finally, double check those windows and doors before you leave. One-third of all break-ins are unforced entries.



Double check those windows and doors.



I hope these tips are helpful and keep you safe and sound in your home. If you have any questions for me, don’t hesitate to give me a call or send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you.

4 comments :



  1. Hi admin

    I really like it, I have also a blog which is related with you, which is about selling real estate.
    Selling real estate is always a topic of interest for any home owner.
    There is a lot of money, memories and family history involved with selling a home.
    selling real estate

    Regards,
    abir mahomed

    ReplyDelete


  2. Hi admin
    I read your blog, its really awesome, I love it.
    I have additionally this related website.
    The first thing owners should consider no matter when they're selling is why buyers might want their property.
    Sellers can further sweeten the deal by offering incentives like closing bonuses for Realtors, goods or services for buyers, and help with financing if the buyer can't access a large enough mortgage.
    selling real estate

    Regards,
    foisalmahomed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi admin,
    I have visited your blog,I have also a blog which is related with you, which is about selling real estate.
    There are typically only 3 ways to sell real estate and some will leave you with more money and create a faster sale than others.
    These real estate professionals exist in every major metropolitan area across the United States and make a living off of investing in real estate.
    selling real estate

    Regards,
    Rasel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you in need of a loan? Do you want to pay off your bills? Do you want to be financially stable? All you have to do is to contact us for more information on how to get started and get the loan you desire. This offer is open to all that will be able to repay back in due time. Note-that repayment time frame is negotiable and at interest rate of 3% just email us creditloan11@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete